Monday, August 6, 2007

Numbah One

I have been blogging on MySpace since January of 2006. I decided that MySpace was a rotten forum and decided to move here. I will start blogging afresh and posting some of my MySpace greatest hits on here as the mood strikes.

My favorite topics:
1) Stuff I did recently
2) Dating and relationships
3) Making fun of stuff
4) Pointing out cool things

I can also talk about:
1) Office politics
2) How working in non-profit means you will never make a profit
3) Living very close to where your parents live.
4) Travel

If you haven't noticed, I like lists. Let me present you with a brief history of me. I am a woman. I grew up in Massachusetts, went to school in W. Ma, and got a grad degree in NYC. I love media, and now fundraise for a non-profit. One of the cool things about this is I work at home about 75% of the time.

I've been working with youth is some capacity or other since 2001. Ways include: teaching video production, nannying, volunteer reading, managing a freshman residence hall, helping to run a youth center.

I am totally single, never been married, no kids, no baby Daddy drama, and I have a wonderful sense of humor about the fact that although I am awesome, I never seem to be able to keep a boyfriend for very long.

I have a nephew who is the center of my universe, and I would do anything for him. He's 9.

I love to write, but I have found that I enjoy writing short commentaries more than long term projects, so I might never be a novelist. My sense of grammar is mostly improvisational, but I do like to spell.

I am a reading fiend, and I really like Oprah and her show and her magazine, and any other type of media she produces.

I like to work out, but no team sports, and nothing too typical. Yoga, belly dancing, and a little kick boxing are my faves.

I get sick all the time, so I frequent the doctor's office. I cook real good. I can talk for hours.

I like commentary, so don't be afraid to tell me when I am being a loser.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I like Jessica.

She is funny.

I went to college with her.

She rocks.

She has a T-shirt that states just that.