Friday, August 10, 2007

Desecrating the Bill and Ted's franchise


Here is some horribly disarming news. Last month, MGM announced that the third film in the Bill & Ted's franchise would begin production, but that Keanu would not be returning as his agent felt the move might kill his career.

Umm....what? This is horrible, horrible advice Keanu, and I hope you can hear me. While everyone loved Speed and the Matrix, you are where you are, and you have the reputation you have BECAUSE of Bill & Ted. Everyone loves Bill & Ted. Even my 9 year old nephew loves Bill & Ted. This is your bread and butter my friend. So: Eat. It. Up.

I am, at this point, ready to make the argument that no one will go see the movie without the original stars, but I am wondering if this movie will mirror the fate of Dumb & Dumberer (flop) or Starsky and Hutch (mild to moderate success). In any event, I will not see it. Not unless Keanu is there.

1 comment:

MoOnTheGo said...

Bill and Ted is your bread and butter?
Lol
Can you imagin if this was your greatest achievemen. Run Keanu run and don't look back. Keep the one shred of dignity you have left.