Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Vanity

Lately, I have found myself in a pickle or two, and been totally disgruntled about having to deal with life's little obstacles. And I keep finding myself muttering, "I'm too pretty for this."

It cracks me up a little, and then I move on.

But really, I am cute. Should my good looks get me the free pass I feel I deserve?

I mean, it seems to work for some people. Tall blondes don't have to wait in line at really exclusive clubs. Paris Hilton didn't have to do that much jail time even though she was guilty. Brittany Spears can open an internationally televised awards show without having much talent left. Tila Tequila can make a room full of men and women fight over her on the daily. Seems like everyone loves a pretty girl, and that entitles them to be as nasty and careless as they want.

Then I thought about my little muttering. And I heard the air of entitlement in it. And I hated it about as much as I hate J.Lo's new perfume. Thank goodness no one ever let me get away with being a creep simply because I have blue eyes, big knockers, and a pretty smile.

Besides, I wouldn't let myself take the easy road when I know I can work for the things I really want...I'm too smart for that ;) ha ha ha ha ha.

No comments: