Saturday, September 1, 2007

Right now

I am thinking about balance. Moderation. Choices. Compromise. Regrets. And...pepperoni.

I've spent too many hours working this week, and it's left me kind of hung over. Or maybe that's from the beer. In any case. It's a long weekend, so I get to make up for it by taking a break from my computer, hanging around outside, eating, drinking, running around and having fun.

Is there a perfect balance? Or do balance and compromise have to go hand in hand. So that "perfect balance" is just a euphemism for "accept 1/2 of what you really want" and we say it's perfect to kid ourselves into thinking its what we really wanted in the first place. I am not sure why I am thinking about this so much right now.

I've come to all these junctures in my life where I feel like I see the light, and the light sometimes conveys something pretty depressing. To the effect that: it never stops, you're never done, you just have to find a place where you can sort of be relaxed, and enjoy the ride amidst the chaos. If you learn to love the chaos, all the better...but your "perfect balance" generally means you learn to savor those moments in between the craziness. Because there will always be craziness.

My married mom friend said to me the other day, "Being a mom has its good moments. But it also has its bad months."

I think you could say that about alot of things. I also think she's a comedic genius.

No comments: